Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homelessness


With the unemployment rate skyrocketing surpassed only by the foreclosure rate, it is hard to imagine things could get worse. With the number of jobs lost and the number of homes lost, it is no wonder that more people are ending up on the street. I admit when I hear the news of the recession/depression, I don't immediately connect foreclosures and unemployment with homelessness. I mean, the people I know who have lost their jobs have moved in with relatives, taken two jobs, relied on savings, etc. But thats not everyone, is it?

There are people living in motor homes, living in cars, living on the street. These are people like you and I. I don't have the savings I would like, I've lived paycheck from paycheck, I've had a three day notice on my door. What is the difference? A paycheck or two?

This entry isn't designed to lament on the woes of homelessness, it is a call to action. Look around. Where can you make a difference in your community? Do you know where to refer people who need help? Do you have talents or resources that can benefit others who are hurting? I don't often ask myself these questions. I doubt many of us do. But if there is a time to ask ourselves, its now.

I don't know where the line between living in a house and living on the street is, but I'd like to hope I can help others not know either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for some other informative blog. The place else may just I get that kind of information written
in such a perfect method? I've a venture that I'm simply now
operating on, and I've been on the look out for such info.

Also visit my webpage; how to stop premature ejaculation permanently