Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Karma


I'm not sure if Karma is the right title for this entry or not. I got chewed out at work this morning. Did I deserve it, sure, maybe, I don't know. Anyway, it is interesting to me that the day after I decide to make compassion a priority, I have this happen. I'm not saying happen to me, it just happened.

I think it is important to be careful about what we put out there for ourselves and others to believe. The challenge today was not whether or not I could take being chewed out, it was how I was going to react to others after the fact. And you know what? I was just fine. I didn't treat anyone with the level of disrespect I was treated with.

Not letting shit roll downhill is where the shift in the organizational paradigm begins. I'd like to think today that paradign shift started with me.

No comments: